Tuesday, September 14, 2010

...Oh where... Oh Where should my money go?

Soooo...have you ever thought to yourself, I don't have that much money to burn, but I "MUST HAVE" those shoes, and handbag, and sunglasses, and jacket, and jewelry, and jeans, and shirt, and sweater and this and that and YADA YADA YADA...

So the million dollar question remains, where should I splurge and where should I spend my money...
The answer: Shoes, Bag, Glasses...the other stuff is negotiable.
Cheap wife beater $5.00, GAP jeans $75.00, slipping on the soft supple leather of this seasons hot new manolo's over your legs...priceless!!!
Carry an LV, slip on  a pair of designer boots, and you will definitely feel like a million bucks, even in a black 5 dollar T, and a cheap pair of (well fit) jeans! Add some super cute cheap trendy jewelry, a conversation piece, and you're off to take over the world...because you are on top of it!
...BUT,
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NEVER EVER EVER carry a knockoff designer bag. Most fashionistas can sniff out a cheap plastic knockoff a mile away (myself included), and you will end up looking like a poser.
...and if you get away with it, you know the awful truth...you are one!
If you must buy a cheap handbag, buy a simple genuine leather handbag...at least it will look like you aren't trying to hard, and you'll feel like at least a thousand bucks!!!

I would definitely scrimp on super trendy pieces that will be "OUT" before Andy Dick!
One trend that I absolutely LOVE right now is FUR. Fur everything. Fur boots (have you seen the Yeti looking ones?), fur vests, fur everything...fur fur fur!!! But...its throw away fashion, and it wont always be "IN"!
I actually bought a fur vest on QVC (Rachel Zoe line) for nearly nothing...and i'll be rocking it through the winter...FO SHO'!!!

I would always invest in classic pieces that NEVER go out of style...ie: a classic LBD (little black dress), a nice leather jacket, basic white collar shirts, different colored cardigans and the ever classic LV...If you ever do decide to splurge on a purse, Louis Vuitton is one bag that never goes out of style (only the classic monogram style), and its recognizable.
I speak from experience...nobody even notices when I carry a Chloe!!!

...just food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment