Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Read The Shop Bop Trend Report

2010 Trend Report on ShopBop

There are SO many trends for the 2010 Fall season that it can make any head spin...Anything from skinny jeans to textured leggings to...jeggings??? WTF??? Who made that term up...seriously! Jean + legging = Jegging...someone in the fashion industry is brilliant, not!

Faux fur , over the knee boots, military boots...any boots for that matter.

Oh, and the clog. I could have told anyone who would listen that clogs were the next BIG foot accessory, ever since Chanel came out with them on the runway at last years  show. I was instantly clog-sessed!
When I marched into the Southcoast plaza Chanel store back in April, they were already putting names  on the "wait list"...and so I had to resort to the ...gasp...knock-off!!!!

...or for the fashionably PC, "affordable copy". Check out the 2 below: Can you tell the difference? I think not!!!!

Jeffrey Campbell...BTW, makes great knock-offs. Probably one of the best "knock-off" companies i've seen. For instance, the Jeffrey Campbell clog is so amazingly similar, that when Chanel sold out of theirs, many a fashionista bought out the Jeffrey Campbell look alike, putting those on a wait list as well.

...and now they have Clog everything. Clog boots, clog booties, Clog T-straps, high clogs, low clogs.

When I went to Sweden this summer, I found the most amazing clog designer. Not the flashy Chanel variety, but the old world Scandinavian type clog with a modern twist.

The designer: ASA WESTLUND : There goes the neighbourhood

Check out her site:

www.asawestlund.com/shoeindex.html

Anthropologie ( www.Anthropologie.com ) has 1 pair of her shoes, but thats it.
So...if you want her shoes, you pretty much have to make that trek across the Atlantic to get them.
...but as I always say, "Where there's a will, there's a way".


OK...so I can talk trends forever, and I probably will...but enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment